This is the perfect drink to get out through the afternoon slump, especially on a sticky summers day. As you know if you are a regular reader of my blog I am a huge fan of both tea and coffee. What I love about matcha tea is that it gives you an energy boost and it’s loaded with health benefits! It will give you lasting energy but without the jitters or the headaches that you can sometimes get from coffee.
I am using the OMGtea organic matcha green tea for this recipe. OMGtea source their tea from the best possible award winning suppliers in Japan, known their high standards of organic Match farming and production. Thrive Magazine currently have a discount code for 10% off your first order of OMGtea, you can download as free digital copy of Thrive when you sign up for their weekly newsletter.
Vegan Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Matcha Green Tea
- 1-2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Place into a cute glass of your choice and enjoy!
Credit: Jayne Becca Yoga