What you will need:
- OMGTea Matcha Green Tea (1 Tsp)
- Milk ( As much as you need to fill the mug you want to use)
- Honey (1 Tsp)
- Water ( Small amount to turn the matcha into a paste)
- Bamboo whisk
If you want to tone down the taste of the matcha green tea then add some cinnamon or even some sugar / flavored syrup if you need to make it sweeter.
- Add hot water to the tsp of matcha powder to turn it into a paste and add honey
- Heat up the milk and use the bamboo whisk to create a froth
- Put the matcha mixture into the cup and follow that with the milk and stir together
- If you want to add a syrup or cinnamon, then add that to the matcha mixture at the beginning.
If you have seen my review on the OMGTea matcha green tea you would know that I was sent this product to try out by them. I have never used a product like this before but I have heard a lot about it from other youtubers and bloggers who include it in smoothies and baking recipes. I see it posted a lot on Instagram also because yano.. it looks pretty in pictures because it’s green;)
This latte was so so nice; I’m obsessed with lattes anyway but this was different from a standard coffee. Nice to try something different and I definitely want to try it with cinnamon and / even a syrup. You can also try this recipe cold and add ice to make an iced latte, that is v good too, especially in the hot weather we’ve KIND OF had.. emphasis on kind of..
If you want to see how I made this, then you can head over to my youtube channel and there is a video on how I created this latte!
Credit Phoebe Slee