Frozen bananas are great, remember to chop them before you freeze them and you are good to go when you need them. They are amazing thrown into smoothies and because they are frozen you often don’t need to use ice. The other thing I love to make with my frozen bananas is banana ice cream! Super yummy, super simple, soft serve style ice cream but without the cream and processed sugar.
I decided to use my OMGtea Organic Matcha Green Tea to put a spin on the ice cream for the summer. It’s super refreshing and energy boosting.
Two Ingredient Vegan Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- 2 large bananas cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Matcha green tea
- Place frozen bananas into a high powered blender.
- Let then bananas blend until they are smooth and creamy. It may take a little while but just keep stopping the blender and using a wooden spoon to free up any stuck banana.
- When the bananas are creamy add the Matcha powder and blend.
- Serve immediately and add toppings if you like – I love adding cacao nibs! Serves 2-3 people.
I am using the OMGtea organic matcha green tea for this recipe. OMGtea source their tea from the best possible award winning suppliers in Japan, known their high standards of organic Matcha farming and production. Thrive Magazine currently have a discount code for 10% off your first order of OMGtea, you can download as free digital copy of Thrive when you sign up for their weekly newsletter.
Do you have any Matcha tea recipes? Leave me a comment and a link!
— Jayne xo
*This post is sponsored by Thrive Magazine. All opinions remain my own and I only ever work with brands I genuinely love, reviewing products I genuinely use.
Credit: Jayne Becca Yoga